Business Development Services
The Business Development Center (BDC) at ODU helps Virginia entrepreneurs and businesses develop and grow their businesses. BDC provides personalized business advising services, training workshops, mentoring, and adaptive general support. We serve small, mid, and large businesses across a wide range of venture stages, from new businesses to existing businesses looking to scale. We offer highly effective support to businesses aimed at qualifying for and obtaining state and federal government contracts. We use a tiered approach to business development tailored to each client’s needs.
The Business Development Center offers clients customized help to successfully position, plan, and grow their businesses, services include:
- One-on-one counseling
- Ongoing professional development and networking
- Product and service needs assessment
- Business establishment and start-up assistance
- Registration and certification support for state and federal government contracting opportunities
- Opportunity identification and acquisition
- Technical Assistance
- Matchmaking between Prime contractors and Small Business contractors
- Access to the programs and resources of the Old Dominion University Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (ODU-IIE).
The Business Development Center is funded in part by the Virginia Workforce Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (VWIEC). The VWIEC will facilitate opportunities for Virginia’s current and aspiring entrepreneurs to help grow our recovering economy. Qualified individuals and businesses receiving services through the center may be additionally eligible to receive financial support to offset license, certification, and other costs.
We are currently reaching out to Commonwealth of Virginia organizations and agencies, exploring opportunities on how our existing programs or new programs could jointly be created to augment their Small Business development efforts.